Wednesday, February 12, 2014

St. Valentine's Day Countdown (2)

I have one other Valentine's Day themed tea that I will review today.  This is a tea by Harney and Sons, my favorite tea blender.  This tea is called, simply enough, Valentine's Blend.



Harney and Sons' website describes the tea as follows:

"The lore and legend of Valentine's Day has inspired generations to love. We thought the marriage of chocolate and roses might help that cause. China black is the base of this tea so the leaves are dark brown.  It is then blended with rosebuds.  The liquor is light brown.  A romantic combination of chocolate and rosebuds give this tea a unique sweet floral aroma."

This is one of the few chocolate teas I enjoy.  You can definitely taste chocolate, but it isn't overpowering or fake tasting.  I enjoy this tea with just a little sweetener, but with a bit of milk, it tastes a little like a guilt-free hot chocolate.

 

The tea has the faint fragrance of roses and chocolate, which gives the tea an air of romance.  The tea is served in my Old Country Roses (of course) tea cup and saucer by Royal Albert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)