Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

I prepared my tea cart to serve a cup of Valentine's Blend tea to you today.

With the tea, I'm serving these cookies:
 
I found the recipe for these raspberry shortbread cookies here.  I used a seedless raspberry preserve (just Palmers All Fruit that I happened to already have) and they were delicious.  I did include white chocolate shavings as called for in the recipe, but I couldn't really taste them, so I don't think it's necessary.  The only other thing I did was add a 1/2 tsp of almond extract to the cookies to give them a slight almond taste reminiscent of a linzer cookie.  The shortbread cookie recipe worked extremely well with the cookie cutters and wasn't overly sweet, which made it a perfect pair to the jam. 
 
I hope you enjoy your Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)