Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hat pies

To complement the hats posted this week I'm sharing the second peach pie recipe I tried in search of a "better" peach pie.  This one had the added benefit of being really cute!

It's a peach pie hat! 

 
I made two different sizes.  I used a normal cut up fresh peach filling for my two pies so I could place with the size of the finished produced a bit.

 
While these were definitely cute, I think they had a bit too much pastry.  The real recipe called for a whole canned half, which I couldn't use as I was trying to make the hats smaller, so that could account for why I was having problems with the fruit to pastry ratio.
 
I found a recipe for these hat pies in my book of saved Tea Time recipes--this one was in the May/June 2011 issue.  I did find a website that posted the recipe, and how that baker made her pies.  She did a much better job than I did, so here is the link to her page if you would like to try for yourself.
 


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic site you have here but I was curious if
    you knew of any forums that cover the same topics talked about here?
    I'd really love to be a part of group where I can get advice from other experienced individuals that
    share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
    Appreciate it!

    my webpage name cheap hosting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous! Sorry, I'm not aware of any forums. The only thing I'm aware of is the linky parties I participate on Tuesdays where different people post their ideas for tea parties and pretty settings. Maybe some of the other ladies who participate would know? Here is one of the blogs that features the linky parties: http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)