These are the same scones I served at my Valentine's tea party earlier this week. I had a little trial and error figuring out the right amount of rose water (and I was determined to have roses in the scones to go with my theme), but I think the version below came out perfectly. This scone worked pretty well with the cutter, so this is a pretty good base recipe if you want to cut your scones into shapes.
Rose scented strawberry white chocolate scones
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter, chilled
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp rose water
1 cup white chocolate chips
4 oz dried strawberries chopped
Preheat oven to 375.
1. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut butter into 1/2 inch cubes and distribute them over the flour mixture. With a pastry blender, cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the cream, egg, vanilla, and rose water. Add the cream mixture to the flour mixture and knead until combined. Knead in the white chocolate and strawberries.
3. On a lightly floured work surface, pat out the dough to a thickness of about 5/8 inch. Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut the dough into hearts.
4. Brush tops of scones with cream (or egg) and sprinkle on valentine's sprinkles.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
My giveaway is still going on here if you would like to check it out.