Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Lavender farms and teatime

Happy Tuesday tea parties!  This week I wanted to share my visit this past Saturday to Seven Oaks Lavender Farm in Catlett, Virginia, followed by a lavender themed tea.  I'm so glad you could join me!


The lavender fields are still pretty small here, but they have English and French lavender varieties.


 


 

 I visited with a couple of friends, one of which brought her baby.  He was really excited (as was I to be truthful) to see the bunnies they had on the farm.



After walking around and cutting a few flowers, we headed to the tent set up for refreshments.   
 
 
They had lavender mint iced tea, which was delicious and refreshing!  We then wondered back down to the little shop on the property,
 
 
which had a whole bunch of teas inside for sale--all different blends with lavender!



 
There were all sorts of beauty products too, including this lavender and honey green tea butter.  I think I would prefer to drink this combo (without the butter lotion part) then put it on my skin!

 
There were also lavender flavored goodies in the shop, which inspired me to take one of the new lavender teas I bought and have a small tea party, with my Royal Albert lavender rose set of course!
 

 
Here's flowers for you;
Hot lavender, mints, savoury, marjoram;
The marigold, that goes to bed wi' the sun
And with him rises weeping: these are flowers
Of middle summer
~Shakespeare, The Winter's Tale
 
 
 A couple different desserts to choose from for today's tea:
 
Lavender earl grey cupcakes I bought at the lavender farm,
 

 
and lavender and lemon shortbread cookies.  I'll share the recipe for these cookies later this week.

 
Thanks for joining me for tea this week at the tea parties below:
 
Bernideen's Friends Sharing Tea 
Rose Chintz Cottage's Tea Time Tuesday
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking me along on another fun trip, Carrie! I'll bet the farm smelled fabulous. I would love to try a cupcake and a lavender shortbread cookie with my tea out on your pretty deck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bunnies are cute, although the white one with the red (?) eyes reminded me of Bunnicula! Hee!

    Love your RA lavender rose tea set (this pattern is on my lengthy acquisitions list) and the lavender earl grey cupcakes look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty setting out on your deck, Carrie. Lavender Rose is always such a sweet pattern to use in a formal setting or casual as you have done. A lovely visit to the lavender farm and those bunnies really are adorable! Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea. Have a wonderful week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely experience and heavenly smells I am sure. I loved seeing the photos and the bunnies too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great visit and such nice pictures you have. Your tea time looks wonderful today. I love the tea cup and all the special touches you set out for your display. The food looks so tasty. Love the little lavender flower display on the linen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fresh lavender and tea - how delightful. I hope to visit a lavender farm in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing more romantic and lovely than a field of lavender in the Summertime! I love Earl Grey, and Lavender Earl Grey sounds absolutely wonderful! Beautiful teatime...and I love the bunnies, also so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carrie,
    Looks like a great outing, I just adore lavender! I like the lavender doors on that building and the white chaise lounge looks so fancy sitting there amongst the Lavender too! Your tea setting is so sweet, I like the embroidered piece, your teacup and the lavender iced cupcake looks perfect!
    Thanks so much for your recent visit to my blog and for your heartfelt words about the loss of my little dog. I appreciate it.
    Sending hugs,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely day you had. All those lavender products plus the tea must made your day. Love the tea setting and the tea cup too. Thank you for sharing,

    Blessings,
    Aida

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Carrie,

    It looks like we were both had the same idea since I also visited a lavender farm last weekend. It was such a treat. The aromatic scent of the lavender plants were everywhere. The farm I visited had the beauty products too but they did not have any cupcakes. Yours look gorgeous and very tempting.

    Thank you for taking us along. Stop by and see my Lavender Farm tour.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)