Friday, October 21, 2016

Lavender orange spice tea

Happy Friday (and this totally counts as a timely post for this week--a whole day and twenty minutes still left in the week!). Tonight's small post is really "Waterford part II--the tea inspired pictures!"


So going back to a couple of weekends ago and the Waterford fair, I saw a purple tent with goods from Renaissance Lavender, a lavender farm in Lovettsville, Virginia (located in the same county as Waterford).


Many of the teas looked good, but my interest was spiked by the combination of lavender, oranges, and spice.


The tea was delicious and was surprisingly perfect for fall.  The spice brought to mind many of my favorite autumn teas, with just a hint of dried orange peel, and the after hint of floral lavender.  Simply wonderful!  Then again, I have yet to meet a lavender black tea I don't like.

The tea also reminded me of a lovely tea party that Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage had a couple of years ago in October mixing purples and orange, so...

(I'm not sure what I was thinking when I took this picture cutting off part of the plate...I guess I tried?)

And now to pull in a bit of the Aldie post (also in Loudoun county) with my "highland" bouquet with dried lavender sprigs,


Ah, the days may be sullen and sober,
The nights may be stormy and cold;
But, for him who has eyes to behold,
The violets bloom in October!
~Elizabeth Chase Akers Allen (1832–1911), "An Autumn Violet," c.1866 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie,
    What a pretty tea! Your violets really pop against the reds and oranges and I believe that is the twin to my teacup you have featured. It's really sweet, isn't it? Lavender orange spice tea sounds delightful! Thanks for the shout-out and have a fabulous weekend. Happy Autumn!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lavender orange spice tea sounds delightful, they are flavours that pair well. My favourite Christmas blend is from Murchies and tastes like a liquid Terry's chocolate orange. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purples and oranges look great together! I'm loving your violets teapot and chintz teacup. The lavender orange spice sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)