Thursday, July 23, 2020

Christmas in the Magic Kingdom

The Magic Kingdom is one of my favorite places, especially at Christmastime.  Everything is just so festive.  I was excited to see the decorations this year--and of course to stay for Mickey's Christmas Party!


One "trick" we have when we first get to the park is head immediately to Beast's castle to try and get a time for their quick service breakfast/brunch.  We send Katie running ahead to see how long the wait is so she can report back.  She gives me her bag so she can skip part of the inspection.


Once past security its first things first--have to grab the map!  Here is 2018's map so you can follow along:


It's so exciting to walk in and see the park in all its festive finery and get the first look at Main Street.











A quick stop to see the citizens of Main Street dancers!



(So many pretty poinsettias all over the park)


There was not a long wait, so it was time for Be Our Guest!




We ate in the ballroom.  I really love being able to eat here.




(quiche with fruit and some pastries for the table)

(The West Wing--we have never managed to eat here)

(The other room with Beauty and the Beast dancing)



We wandered a bit down into New Fantasyland

(I spotted Gaston!)




(Mine train--we have NEVER been on.  There are never any fastpasses when we try.  We were even there when it first opened.  Maybe one day, eventually)





(We spotted the Ugly Stepsisters!!!--We had to get our pictures with them.  Love villains)

We walked through Liberty Town


(and saw a Muppets show!)



on our way to our first fastpass--Jingle cruise, the Christmas version of Jungle cruise.










they did a good job and even mixed up the punny jokes for some festive fun!  We of course did Pirates of the Caribbean before heading to the Haunted Mansion for our last fast pass.



Fastpasses done, Katie went off to her roller coasters or splash mountain (not my thing), while Mom, Dad, and I headed back to the entrance.


We lucked into seeing a princess show in front of the castle!



(Tiana!!!)
  


We had plans to take the monorail to the Grand Floridian to see their Christmas decorations, including a large gingerbread house.  



Such Victorian/turn of the last century elegance!




The house even had a little store instead selling sweets, including gingerbread of course.




(My Dad took this pictures--I don't even recall the ceiling being this beautiful).  

Soon we were back inside the gates (must easier getting in the park at off times)


(I love the windows on main street showing scenes from Mickey's A Christmas Carol)

We met up with Katie in time for an ice cream snack on Main Street.



Just as we finished one of the small daytime parades came by.  





By this time the sun was coming down so, after a bit of shopping, we headed back to Adventure land to get our wristbands for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!  Some of the special lighting effects were just starting to come on.  


Soon the Castle lit up.  



The party was just getting ready to begin, but my parents decided to head out.  It had been pretty cold during the day (actually the day before had also been cold), and had just gotten colder after the sun set.  My parents decided that they didn't want to stay any longer.  Katie and I walked them back down to the entrance,


and walked back to main street just as the party was getting started.



(If you look closely you can see snow!)



We headed over to Tomorrowland (always extra cool at night)


to see Santa Stitch


and a Mike Wazowski ready for Christmas!


(It snowed again!)

One of the nice things about the party is the "free" snack stations set up throughout the park.  We had plans to see the parade in Frontierland, so stopped in a snack station for some pre-parade cookies!


We don't normally see the parade in Frontierland but wanted to be near where it started.  The Christmas parade is definitely one of my favorites.  I was sad that my parents didn't get to see it--they love the parades too.  












Pirates of the Caribbean.  Hey, if there isn't a long line!


After the ride, time for a snowman pretzel.  I do love Disney pretzels.



We ran back over towards Tomorrowland to watch the fireworks.  One of my favorite things to do at night in Disneyworld is to ride the Peoplemover.  It is such a pretty ride overlooking tomorrowland's lights and blinged out Cinderella's Castle.



before heading out of the park. 



We of course took some of the snacks back to share!

1 comment:

  1. I'm baaaaaack (LOL, I'm sure you're thrilled)! Now that I have returned from my "working vacation," it's back to living vicariously through your daily travel posts. As you're aware, most of the Disney stuff is totally wasted on me, haha, but this actually does look quite festive! And I know that y'all had fun. :)

    Random thoughts:
    • I am 99.99999999% positive that my cousin is one of the dancers in Photo Nos. 13 and 14 (in the white skirt). What are the odds? LOL. (It's definitely her.)
    • Quiche! You know I appreciate quiche wherever I can find it, even at Disney World.
    • Muppets! Also have universal love for Muppets!
    • The Mickey's Christmas Carol stuff makes me SUPER-nostalgic for my childhood, *sniffle*.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)