Sunday, August 2, 2020

A Merrytime on Castaway Cay

Day 7 and we are in the Bahamas at Disney's private island, Castaway Cay!  Katie and I were planning on participating in the 5K in the morning, and Mom and Dad would meet us later for lunch, but Katie wasn't feeling good, so I got off the ship early by myself.



(here's a map!)

There is even a trolley to take people around the island,


but I had a "race" to do!




The island is really beautiful.  Below is the family beach-there is also a separate adult beach a bit further from the ship.  The trolley will take you to the further beach, but the 5k route took me pretty close.


After meeting up with Mom, Dad, and Kate, and running into a couple other characters,

(Katie saw Donald right after she got off the ship with our parents)



we headed out to find the special bbq lunch on the island.

\\


Time to relax on the beach!




(this bag was a FE gift--perfect as a beach bag!)

(and of course the fun sun hat I got!)












Once back on board, we took our last leisurely look through the ship.





(Coll map showing where we are at Castaway Cay!)

Dinner that night was at Animator's Palate,



where this time we drew our own characters and the restaurant brought them to life!




Its already time for the See Ya Real Soon party,






as Mickey and his friends say their last goodbye.  Katie and I then headed back to the Tube for a drink,


before it was time to go back and pack everything up.

2 comments:

  1. • I'm very impressed that you voluntarily completed a 5K while on vacation on a tropical island with legitimate excuses to back out, LOL. You know I'd never do that. Now, the next time we are trudging miles and miles through some random city and I'm bemoaning my blisters/tiredness/life, I will accuse you of secretly enjoying long walks. Although now that I think about it, did our three-town Alsace adventure cover 5K? Does it count as a 5K when you stop every few steps for photos and eat goat cheese salad in the middle?
    • I love your swimsuit coverup!
    • Obligatory drool-y comment on the BBQ lunch. That looks so delish, OMG.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)