Monday, March 3, 2014

Tea in Winchester--Aunt Becky's Tearoom

My aunt also loves tea, in fact, I've learned a lot about afternoon tea from her.  After I told her about my blog yesterday, she asked if I had taken pictures of her tearoom to share.  Her tearoom is lovely and I immediately jumped at the chance. 

My aunt and uncle live in Winchester, VA and we visited with them at their home before and after going to the Coach and Horses tea room (after we went to one of my favorite antique stores, that also happens to be in Winchester).  When you walk into their foyer, off to the right is the dining room that my aunt has made into a lovely tearoom.  She  decorates her tearoom for the seasons, and she was all ready for St. Patrick's Day.



 She found the 1920s china cabinet at an antique store in Winchester and it, and the large round table, serve as the focal points of the room.  Here is a close up of the little table in the corner that my aunt refinished:

I thought that the leprechaun teapot was adorable!  Do you see the little stand of cups and saucers off to the side?  There are touches of tea everywhere in this room.  Here is a better view of the lower shelf of the corner table:

The pretty little tea set in the back with gold and roses was a gift to my aunt from another aunt, my mother's sister, who has since passed away.  Isn't it darling here with the Irish doll?  

One of my favorite parts of the tea room is the tea cart that my aunt also found in Winchester.  Here it is ready for St. Patrick's Day:
She made the tea cozy on the cart reversible--St. Valentine's Day is in the inside.  Isn't that a terrific idea?  I also thought that the clear teapot with green beads on the bottom shelf was very clever.
 There is a lot in the tearoom that I didn't capture in the pictures, including a second china cabinet that has her collection of  teapots.  She definitely inspired me to change my decorations once I got home so that I was ready for March too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)