Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Bonnets

In your Easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it,
You'll be the grandest lady in the Easter parade.
I'll be all in clover and when they look you over,
I'll be the proudest fellow in the Easter parade.
On the avenue, fifth avenue, the photographers will snap us,
And you'll find that you're in the rotogravure.
Oh, I could write a sonnet about your Easter bonnet,
And of the girl I'm taking to the Easter parade.


~Easter Parade, Irving Berlin

Do you know what a rotogravure is?  It's a printing process and became a word used for a magazine.  So that lyric means that the picture will be in a magazine...or in my case, a blog!



I had no cute hats for tea parties, something that I have been wanting to fix.  While at Tuesday morning this past Saturday, I saw this white and black hat, with the side bow.  I loved it.  It isn't as fancy as it could be, but it has a nice wide rim and looks really pretty with my black coat with big white flowers (most of which is cut out of this picture).

This picture was taken in front of my parent's Cherokee Dogwood tree.  Its dark pink blooms are just beginning to open and multi-colored eggs hangthroughout the branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)