Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sip and Paint

Yesterday I went with a few friends to a Sip and Paint class.  During this three hour class an instructor showed us how to paint a predetermined picture.  I have no painting experience and I still managed to paint this picture:



One of my friends had gone to an earlier event at a studio in Centreville, VA called FR Designs and had really enjoyed it.  When she saw that they were offering a Groupon she let us all know--and the rest is history!  The class was a lot of fun and was something different to try.

Now for the tenuous tea tie-ins!  It's a "bring your own beverage" event.  While one of my friends brought wine for us all to share (which made the class all the more fun), you could make it a tea event, and bring a thermos of tea to share with your friends.


Also, the picture is of trees in fall, so I'm adding a bit of spring to balance it out, as well as a teacup for more of a tea tie-in! The little bud vase with the blue flowers my mom found in a thrift store.  I didn't do a good job of cutting the purple hyacinth, so it looks a little funny in the vase, but it smells wonderful.  Also in this picture are some daffodils from my backyard (more on that tomorrow) and my daffodil cup and saucer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)