Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Blackberry Mini-pies

At my Savor Summer luncheon in yesterday's post I served these blackberry mini-pies, which went over well with my taste committee :).  They are sweet and yet tart at the same time.


I really enjoy making anything small and mini-pies (or tarts) are cute, small, and easy to make.  I use a cupcake pan which makes perfect sized pies.

Blackberry Mini-pies
 
2 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 refrigerated ready made pie crust
 
1.  Preheat oven to 400.
2.  Prepare muffin tin by spraying on baking spray.  Spray some on a paper towel and grease the top of the tin as well.
3.  After letting the ready made pie crust come to room temperature as instructed on the box, roll out the crust.  Use a 4 inch round cutter to cut out rounds.  I got 8 total rounds out of one of the crusts after rolling out the extra pieces. 
4.  Mix berries, sugars, flour, sea salt and cinnamon together well, until no white shows. 
5.  Spoon mixture into crusts.
6.  Cook for 25 minutes at 400.
7.  Reduce heat in oven to 300.  Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
8.  Let cool until can touch crusts and then remove from tin and put on wire rack to finish cooling.  Makes 8 mini-pies.
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)