Monday, June 9, 2014

June Tea Cart: Old Country Roses Garden

This week's tea party features one of my favorite trios, a gift from my sister and my mother. 


The tea trio is a pattern called "A celebration of Old Country Roses Garden."  The pattern is very detailed with modified old country roses and thick gold making up the border of the plate.


In the middle of the plate, a lady stands under a rose arbor picking beautiful roses, with a thatched roof cottage in the background.  The decal is very detailed, down to the stone path and the trees surrounding the house, stark against the bright blue sky.


The cup is just as lovely, and includes all that same beautiful detail.  Even the saucer includes the little cottage (to the right) and the lady under the arbor (to the left).


 
 
Joining us for tea today is another beautiful lady.
 
 
She is Royal Albert's Old Country Roses figurine from 2010.  There is so much detail to this figurine.  Her dress is hemmed in old country roses.  Her dress has a bustle, and she is holding a parasol with flowers around the edge.   

 
her hat is embellished with flowers and she is holding a bouquet of red, pink, and yellow roses.
 

 
Thank you for joining me for tea this week!  Just a bit more about the tea trio pattern--Old Country Roses Garden was made in 1987 to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Old Country Roses.


 
This week I'm joining:
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage
Bernideen's Tea in the Garden
 


10 comments:

  1. Everyone's favorite is Old Country Roses. So beautiful! Love your figurine, I hadn't seen her before. What a lovely setting! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went over this post twice to enjoy the beauty of your trio, it's a real treasure. The RA figurine is delightful, there's so much minute detail to them and I'm glad I purchased Tallulah when she came out last month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie,
    I have never seen the OCR Garden pattern before. It is really beautiful! I love OCR and the garden scene is simply charming with all its detail. Your figurine is stunning and a real treasure; love her bustle. Lovely tea post and thank you for sharing it with us. Wishing you a delightful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to celebrate the blooming of roses! The OCR patterns are so extensive but this is truly a special one. Your figurine is so beautiful and I love her holding a bouquet of roses in her hand. I have a collection of Royal Doulton figurines I have collected over the years but have not acquired any OCR figurines. Have a wonderful week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my! Old country roses is beautiful. I think it gets prettier with each passing year. Love your figurine, too. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love OCR.... we have had it for years now. But I don't think I have seen those figurines. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the country flower scene on your china! So perfect for a spring and summer tea! I have a teapot with an old fashioned scene something like yours, a favorite of mine. Your sweet lady is a lovely addition to your tea.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That figurine is so perfect with the trio! I must say that is sure a lovely set - and your photos turned out so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carrie!
    I love your set for tea today. China with scenes on it just makes me swoon! The figurine is the perfect touch.
    p.s. Thanks for the tip on the paper doilies from Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is so much in this article that I would never have thought of on my own. Your content gives readers things to think about in an interesting way. Thank you for your clear information. Best Garden Carts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)