Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July!

Sweet Land of Liber-tea!

 
I saw this picture on the internet when I was searching for something "tea" and patriotic today.  I just had to put it on the blog since it's my new  Paul Revere teacup with the teapot from Liberty Blue!  Now I want that teapot.
 
 
Yesterday I was cooking and cleaning up after cooking until about midnight--sorry I missed yesterday's post!  I was going to put up the bars below, but lost track of time.  I'm going to a little cookout at my parents' house and made some mayo-free potato salad and two different desserts.  One of those desserts I used for a 4th of July tea party a couple of years ago, actually my first tea party in my house. 


(2012 July 4th Tea)
 
On the plate at the other end of the table are mini-apple pies and the red, white, and blue blondies shown below:
 


This is a TeaTime Magazine recipe from an issue a few years ago and here on the magazine's website.  I couldn't find dried strawberries this time, so I used dried cherries for the "red" which worked fine.  The blondies also have blueberries, white chocolate chips, and walnuts. 
 


I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)