Orange Blossom Scones
2 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cardamom
6 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup currants
(I also threw a handful of some extra dried blueberries I had in--delicious!)
1/2 tsp orange extract
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1 cup heavy cream
1. Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cardamom. Whisk them to mix.
2. Cut in butter with a pastry blender.
3. Toss in currants to coat.
4. Mix cream and extracts and add to flour mixture until just mixed.
5. On a floured surface, pat out scones until about 1/2 inch and cut out with a cutter.
6. Place on baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle on decorative sugar if desired. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
The nice thing about this recipe is that the scones still taste good the next day! I think almost as good as fresh.