Peppermint White Chocolate Cupcakes
2 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, softened to room temperature
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extra
1/4 teaspoon peppermint emulsion (or extract)
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup white chocolate chunks (use baking bar with real cocoa butter)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cupcake tins.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, and mix until combined. Beat in vanilla and peppermint flavoring.
4. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture then the buttermilk, alternating beginning and ending with the flour, and beating well after each addition.
5. Using a rubber spatula, fold in white chocolate.
4. Pour into cupcake tins until paper cups are 3/4ths full.
5. Bake for roughly 16 minutes for full sized cupcakes.
White Chocolate Buttercream
2 sticks butter, softened to room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extra
1/4 cup white chocolate melted (again use a baking bar with real cocoa butter)
1. Whip butter until it becomes pale and creamy.
2. Add rest of the ingredients and mix on low speed for 1 minute. Increase speed to medium and mix for 6 minutes until frosting is light, creamy, and fluffy.
I just piped the buttercream on the cupcake with a large open star tip and then sprinkled on some crushed peppermint for a little extra peppermint kick.