Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Amethyst Teatime

This week I'm sharing the next tea party in my gemstones of the month series--February's amethyst!


Of course what else would share the table with lovely amethysts then my violet dishes?

A violet by a mossy stone
Half-hidden from the eye!-
Fair as a star, when only one
Is shining in the sky.
~William Wordsworth


And to add a touch more elegance, I've placed Lady Caroline at the Opera by Coalport on the table.

Grand rooms and sparkling chandeliers
glimpsed in flickering candlelight
Gold and glitter thin veneers,
over silks of malachite,
amethyst, lapis lazuli, and jade
bright notes amidst their promenade.
~Caroline at the Opera, Carrie
I can just see the ladies at the turn of the century in their finery in the gorgeous Opera in Paris.

I had to work a bit over the weekend, but I had plans to go visit my aunt and uncle in Winchester.  Luckily for my mental state, they were nice enough to come out and see me, which saved me the driving time (and they brought me lunch/dinner for later!).  I still had the table set for my "amethyst" tea, so I just added one more place setting (one of the ones I just got from my sister),


baked some scones and set out some leftover chocolates from Valentine's Day and a couple shortbread cookies from a tin,

and instant tea luncheon!  I served two scones:  lavender and peaches and cream.  They were some of my freezer stock--I like to keep a few scone logs in my freezer so I have them for impromptu get-togethers.



 Aunt Becky also brought out two new teas for us to try that she bought at Everything Tea in Bedford, PA.  She said she had opened her cabinet and they fell out and she realized she hadn't tried them yet!  Very lucky for me ;).  This tea is Raspberry Truffle, and was a lovely red tinted color.


The tea was predominately raspberry with just a hint of chocolate flavor.  Delicious!  She ended up giving it to me so I'll be able to enjoy even more cups!
Thanks for joining me!  I'm linking too:


9 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie,
    What a pretty setting! Love the violets! I do believe we have the same teacup and I love your teapot. Your Lady Caroline figurine is stunning and she makes a lovely statement on your tea table. Always a good idea to have extra scones on hand and yours sounds delicious! Thanks so much for joining me this week and have a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Carrie:
    What a special table for February and so glad your Aunt and Uncle got to enjoy it. I am sure they had something special to talk about for days. I love the cloth with so many spring violets on it and that lovely teapot! Glad you were able to shared this post with all of us and remind us how important it is to get together with family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello popping over from the FB page Afternoon Tea Across America (ATAA) where you post was shared by LaDonna. Just LOVE all of the purple! What a tealightful post. Looks like lovely memories were made.
    Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this post. Everything is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love it when family brings food and tea during a visit! I'm loving all the pretty purple teawares and the raspberry truffle sounds like a delicious dessert tea. My cupboard also has forgotten teas lurking around that have jumped out on me when I opened the door. Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your violet china is so pretty! Violets are my favorite flower and I have picked up a few pieces here and there, hope to set a table with them after St. Patrick's Day and Easter. (I'm thinking May). And your impromtu tea treats for lunch sound delicious, as does the Raspberry Truffle tea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with your violet china, can you please pass on the maker and pattern name? Love your tea, so pretty! Patty/NS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patty! I have two different patterns on the table. The teapot, two tier tray and the matching three piece set are actually Grace China that I found at Homegoods. The other violet trio is by Hamersley.

      Delete
  8. I really like the idea of a gemstone theme! Everything coordinates so well especially with your pretty figurine. That's a great idea to freeze some tea sweets.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)