Saturday, April 30, 2016

Diamond (and teapots) are a girl's best friend

Wow, definitely getting this one in just under the wire!  I have a little over an hour and a half until April is over in my time zone--which means its the perfect/only time left to post April's gemstone of the month entry! 



I don't have many "novelty" teapots (I try not to add to my collecting habits), but this beauty was a gift from my sister for Christmas.

 
He (because I guess it would have to be a male because of the pretty coloring) is so graceful with the long curving neck lid and tail feathered handle.
 
Of course, because this is April's gemstone post, I just had to get out my diamond necklace:
 
 
because..."square cut or pear shaped, these rocks don't loose their shape, diamonds are a girl's best friend!"
 
Or heart shaped for that matter.
 
This necklace was a graduation gift from my parents when I finished law school--so both pretty and sentimental!
 
Katie also gave also gave me the two matching salt and pepper shakers .
 
 
I think they make such a pretty decorative set!



4 comments:

  1. That teapot is a fun one! And your necklace is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peacock teapot is gorgeous! I've seen some pretty peacock-themed mugs and tea sets at HomeSense (which is Home Goods in the U.S.). Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your teapot really is gorgeous! Love the colour, and your necklace is lovely. Hope you are enjoying your week, Carrie.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)