Thursday, June 30, 2016

Roses and pearls

“After all," Anne had said to Marilla once, "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.”  

~L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea


And precious the tear as that rain from the sky,
Which turns into pearls as it falls in the sea.
~Thomas Moore

Wow, June has just flown by!  I figured it was now or never for June's gemstone of the month post featuring...you guessed it...pearls!



“A garden to walk in and immensity to dream in--what more could he ask?"
A few flowers at his feet and above him the stars.”

~Inspired by Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

A string of pearls is:
The simplicity and ease of begonias
but  the beauty of the capricious rose.
The pure white of  bone china
warming like a cup with tea
when pressed again skin.

When I was trying to think of what I was going to match with the pearls, I figured what would be better than my pretty new Royal Albert teacup with roses (June's flower of the month).  This is one of those very lucky finds when you are in a random antique store and you find a cup for only $5!  That is definitely within my budget :)


4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty tea cup and you have gathered together the perfect accessories to go with it. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that teacup is lovely, what a wonderful find! And it sets off the pearls quite nicely. I love all the quotes, too, but the one from "Anne of Avonlea" is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a soft spot for black teacups so I'm loving your new RA black teacup! What a fabulous find! Happy 4th of July weekend, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful teacup, Carrie! Love the pearls with it and of course, I'm big on quotes so I really enjoyed your post. Have a lovely day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)