Thursday, June 2, 2016

Hydrangea woodlawn parlor

I'm on year three of my potted hydrangeas--and this year they are looking extra big and beautiful!


I took them away from their normal spot on my portico, and set them out around back for picture taking purposes.  I think this is the first time I've set a tea in my backyard that was not on my deck, so you can see better the "woods."


Hydrangeas adorn
the little woodland garden –
a splendid parlor!

 ~Matsuo Bashō (松尾芭蕉:  1644-94)



So here is my hydrangea parlor.  I'm sure you can tell the theme for this tea--blue for the lovely lacy hydrangeas!

 


 And here are closer (and somewhat artistic!) pictures of the sets I choose for today's tea:

Royal Albert's Caroline with blue forget me nots,


and Royal Albert's Inspiration.




And one last attempt at an artistic picture inspired by last night's bedtime tea, which had a great quote on the teabag tag:


There is pleasure in the pathless woods.
~Lord Byron

I'm so glad you could join me!  I'm linking to the following parties:

7 comments:

  1. Dear Carrie:
    Oh my what a beautiful posting and I hope you will also link this to my "Tea In The Garden" today (other blog party). This post does make me feel BLUE though. Ha! Lovely hydrangeas and tea setting there! Thanks for sharing and linking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, this is just beautiful! I love blue hydrangeas and I had some but they died on me. I was so disappointed! I was hoping to do what you did and keep them growing in their pot but perhaps they weren't healthy when I got them, I'm not sure. Your china is perfect with the flowers and your setting is so lovely. I love the woodsy background. Thank you for sharing and linking up. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Your hydrangeas are wonderful, it seems to be a good year for them around here, too. And the blue blossoms on the teacups are so sweet. Blue is my favorite color, and I really enjoyed the pictures of your "woodland" tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful garden tea setting, Carrie! The blues of the hydrangeas, lace tablecloth, and RA china coordinate perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a heavenly setting! Your hydrangeas look amazing. Love the color. I was hoping my tiny hydrangea plant would produce blue flowers this spring, but only magenta have bloomed.
    Both of your Royal Albert teacups are so beautiful. I have never seen those patterns before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Carrie:
    Thanks so much for posting on my Tea In The Garden Party. I love your blue - blue hydrangeas! This was such a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've created a vision in blue tea table with the help of your gorgeous potted blue hydrangeas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)