Monday, September 28, 2015

Aloha Tea

Happy Fall everyone!  I can't believe it is fall already, so I thought the perfect way to say goodbye to summer on my blog is by sharing the wonderful tea party I went to this past weekend in Winchester, Virginia.  My aunt arranged this "Aloha tea" at her church, Opequon Presbyterian Church, to raise money for Relay for Life.  This is the second tea party I've attended at Opequon church, see here for last year's apple harvest tea.

 There were quite a few people there--maybe 50 to 60 or so would be my guess.


Each table had a sponsor who provided the dishes, linens, and decorations for that table. 


(see the pretty sea shells on a blue "ocean" below that gorgeous flower arrangement?)

Here is the table my mother and I sat at:


Below are a couple of others.  Unfortunately, we were a bit late, so people had already gotten up to get food and I didn't have a chance to take many pictures of the tables, although I did sneak in a couple:



Now on to the best part:  Food!

(I love the flip flop menu!) 
Food was set out buffet style, with tropical touches of course!

 (Starting to the right and going counterclockwise, Hawaiian Delights (pineapple, walnut, and cream cheese on raisin bread), Shrimp salad in phyllo cups (bonus savory not listed on the menu), and kau'kama rounds (cucumber)

(Pulled pork)

(Isn't that a cute flip flop pick for the pulled pork sandwich?  The last savory is the Maui picks, with pineapple and kielbasa). 

I always seem to skip over the tea though!  We were served three:  Ginger peach, Pineapple green tea, and Lady Earl Grey.

 Now on to dessert!

Fruit cups:


Peanut butter sandals (so cute!)


Finally, brownies.  A bit of icing forms an ocean, and lovely umbrellas!


One more picture because the display was so pretty, especially the pineapple flower arrangement.





Now, not only did we enjoy all that delicious food, one of the ladies brought vintage teacups and, if you had a sticker on the bottom of your place setting, you could choose one to take home!  I got the lovely handpainted Adderley teacup and saucer set.
 
 
Aloha'Oe!

  I'm joining these tea parties:

Bernideen's Friends Sharing Tea 
Rose Chintz Cottage's Tea Time Tuesday

9 comments:

  1. Carrie, I enjoyed this tea outing so much. It was very creative and the beach sandals were especially cute. The food looks wonderful and there was a nice variety of tea to choose from also. What fun to get a lovely teacup to take home with you! I'm sure you had a great time. Thanks for sharing and Happy Autumn!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie: This is a fabulous event and so many details and decorations. Very impressive and I love each table. So glad you shared this event with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie: I have never seen a Hawaiian Tea Part. It looks like so much fun. What a wonderful idea. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much fun that was. A great fundraising idea.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! Loved everything about it: the Hawaiian decor made me smile, the food looks fantastic, and the proceeds went to a great cause! Plus how lucky of you to get a beautiful teacup to bring home with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I always love church teas because they are always so creative! So glad you shared it with us...wish I'd been there too! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting to see how each sponsor decorated their table with a fun theme. Very colorful. 50 or so ladies makes for a lovely church tea. People go the extra mile for a church tea. A pretty pink flower teacup you were able to take home. Your aunt did a great job organizing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun event and fundraiser, Carrie. I loved seeing the tables, the food and the pretty teacup that you won!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the decorations. I think it's amazing! What fun to get a lovely teacup to take home with you! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)