Sunday, September 27, 2015

Forget-me-nots and lace

Hello everyone!  Sorry, I didn't realize that I didn't put up a message in my last post that I would be gone for a bit--I went on another vacation!  I've got lots of new pictures to go through before I can post about that trip, but I have a few other things to share first.  To start, I thought I would both post a teaser of my trip and get September's Flower of the Month post done with a couple of days before the end of the month to spare!


One of September's Flowers of the month is the forget-me-not.

 
This set is Royal Albert's Caroline.  If you've been following me for awhile, Caroline is my full name, and I have a collection of different china patterns with my name.

 
But now on to the trip teaser.
 



The lace underneath the set I bought during my trip on a little fishing island, Burano, in Italy. 

 
Burano is adorable with multi-colored houses and little "rivers" running through town, and is famous for lace.  The very first shop I walked in the owner was working on lace herself--she actually made the small piece I ended up buying.  Here was the little shop:
 


I had a wonderful visit to Italy, and I'm really looking forward to sharing more about the trip--even though it may be awhile.

5 comments:

  1. Your lace table dressing is absolutely exquisite! The precise handiwork is amazing. It's a bit of history as this pattern and skill has probably been passed down from multiple generations. These are the types of "souvenirs" I like to purchase when traveling. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your blog for a while and enjoying it very much but now adding this lace to the mix has thrown me over the edge!!! It is gorgeous! It looks so pretty with your setting. I had to comment. I can't wait to hear more about your trip.
    Maureen from Maryland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! I actually was in Annapolis a month or so ago for tea...I'm planning on putting that post up next week.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness Carrie, I wondered where you've been! Yea, another vacation for your to enjoy. Your lace is absolutely stunning and your forget-me-knot trio is so pretty sitting atop of it. I'm looking forward to more on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, Carrie! Your teacup and new lace are beautiful! Can't wait to see the Italian food shots. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)