Thursday, March 27, 2014

Chrsanthemum Tea Scented Mandarin Orange Parfaits

The last part of the Sunshine tea I will share with you is my recipe for the tea scented mandarin orange parfaits.

The night before the tea, I prepared the mandarin oranges. 

First, I made about two and a half cups worth of extra strong chrysanthemum tea, using about three teabags.  I think chrysanthemum tea tastes a lot like chamomile, if you would prefer to use chamomile tea---maybe even a lemon chamomile to match my color scheme :). 

I then drained two medium cans of mandarin oranges. 

After the tea steeped and was very strong, I put 2 tablespoons of honey in the tea and about one packet of sweetener (I used Splenda).

Pour mixture over the oranges and refrigerate overnight.

The morning of the tea, I drained the oranges of the tea mixture. 

Put enough oranges in the bottom of  glass you are using that they would be visible once yogurt is added. 

Cover with flavored lowfat or nonfat Greek yogurt until about 2/3 full.  I lucked out and found orange cream flavored Chobani Greek yogurt, though vanilla or honey would also work well.  I used about half of one of the normal 6 oz containers of yogurt for each glass.

Sprinkle chopped pecans on the yogurt. 

Cover pecans with oranges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)