Friday, May 30, 2014

Disney Tea Adventures--Animal Kingdom

After Epcot, my family went to Animal Kingdom.  There are four lands in Animal Kingdom:  Africa, Asia, Dinoland, and Discovery Island.

First, Africa.


 
We started the day by going on the Kilimanjaro Safari; a drive through the African savannah.

 
Here are some of my favorites of the animals we saw:




From Africa, we walked to Asia, where my sister peer pressured me into going on Expedition Everest, a roller coaster.


 

 I'm a bit of a wimp so it was totally not my thing.  To console myself afterwards, I stopped at this fun little stand:


An "exporter of specialty teas!"  We ended up getting three different types of iced tea to share:

Cranberry Pomegrante
 Green Apple Iced Tea (my Father's favorite, and a very interesting tea--it did taste like sour apple) and a Peach Iced Tea with passion fruit, pomegranate, and hibiscus (everyone else's favorite). 

 
 

After the recuperative tea break, we went to the Maharajah jungle trek, where we saw tigers

 
 
komodo dragons

 
and exotic birds, to name a few of the animals along that walking trek.
 
 
From Asia we walked to Dino-land, U.S.A
 

 
Before walking back through Discovery Island, where the symbol of the park, the huge Tree of Life.

 
Before leaving the park, I stopped and got us a Mickey Mouse shaped pretzel.  I loved finding Mickey themed things everywhere!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)