Monday, July 21, 2014

Tea at Rosemont Manor

 
A friend and I went to tea at Historic Rosemont Manor in Berryville, Virginia, located in the Shenandoah Valley.
Rosemont , originally built in 1811, is now a bed and breakfast and a popular wedding venue.  Rosemont is surrounded by a 60 acre park-like setting.  It was the home of a previous Virginia Governor and Senator, Harry Byrd. 

Tea is served in two rooms,  the one below being the prettiest.  The second one, which is green, is really more of a sun room but was also very nice.


One thing I really enjoyed about this tea was that a different tea was served with each course, and the teas were specially blended for Rosemont.



 
The food was very good and was brought out one course at a time on tiered trays.
 
First, the savories:  pimento cheese on cornbread, roasted red pepper hummus on pumpernickel, and cucumber with fresh herbs.
 
 
 
The scone course included peach scones as well as chocolate chip oat scones, served with fresh peach preserves and clotted cream.
 
Finally, for dessert we had dark chocolate caramel sea salt brownies, tiramisu bites, and lemon verbena ice cream (herbal tea inspired of course!). 
 
 
 
Here are some of the pictures inside the home:
 
(sitting area in the Bar)
 

 
(beautiful staircase in main entry--picture from the internet.  My picture didn't do it justice)


(drawing room)
 
And here are a couple of pictures of the grounds:
 


 (from the front porch)
 
(looking out on the mountains from a second floor balcony)
 
Berryville and Rosemont Manor were a wonderful outing. 
 
I'm sharing this tea experience on:
 
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage
 Bernideen's Tea in the Garden
 Tea Cup Tuesday ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ http://www.antiquesandteacups.info/







7 comments:

  1. Carrie, you and your friend sure have picked a beautiful spot to visit for tea. Thank you for sharing your fun visit with us. The tea flavors sound wonderful and the food, delightful...sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely. Very Colonial traditional. The food looked lovely too! Those floors purely sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful spot to have tea. Everything looks so beautiful. I am sure you had a wonderful time. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely place. I think I have ancestors that came from Berryville. At least my mom used to talk about it. I have never been. I should put it on the list. I LOVE the Shenandoah valley and have driven through it many times (actually from one end to the other. But don't often get to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I know this is kinda off topic but I
    was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website?

    I'm getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I've had problems
    with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform.

    I would be awesome if you could point me
    in the direction of a good platform.

    Here is my blog home designs ideas - -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous--I use blogger and I think a lot of the other ladies with tea blogs do as well.

      Delete
  6. Lovely! I just love seeing tea rooms, teas and menus. That must have been a wonderful time! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)