Saturday, February 13, 2016

Prosperity fish

My sister brought a dessert I just had to share  after I saw it during a visit to my parents.


This is a prosperity fish dessert sold at a local bakery, Cakes by Happy Eatery.  The original owners of the bakery immigrated from China and their daughters own the bakery today.  They sell special desserts during some of the Chinese festivals, including this fish for New Year's! 

It is so cute I almost felt bad about cutting into it, but...


somehow I overcame the reluctance so I could enjoy a bite!  Although the fish does look forlorn.  It has a sweet fruity filling that was slightly gel-like in consistency.  I'm not sure what type of fruit it was, but it was very good.

 
Here's to a prosperous new year!  Oh and don't forget my teacup giveaway here!  I'll be drawing a name tomorrow evening. 

1 comment:

  1. What a cute fish! I'd have had a hard time cutting into him, too, but he does look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)