Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015--a year in review

Happy New Year's Eve!  On this last day of 2015, I thought I would go back and recap my favorite posts from this year, especially since I've enjoyed other bloggers' recaps.  So for a bit of photography, poetry, and parties, let's begin!

January:  First snow, "in the bleak midwinter, long ago..."  ~Christina Rossetti


February:  February Tea, a beautiful purple and tea! themed cake for my birthday


March:  Mardi Gras Tea Party, letting the good times roll with gold and green glass


April:  Daisies and an Old Mill, featuring one of my cottage sets and bunnies



May:  Ile de la Cite, the second of my posts from this year's France trip


June:  Roses, Nostalgia, and Tea, with my first tea set and pretty apron, both gifts from my grandmother


July:  An Afternoon Tea in Paris, my first foray into French macarons and a tea for a new meetup group...this is also one of my favorite pictures from this year's blog


August:  Tea in the Plains, a visit to Crest Hill Antiques and Tea Room


September:  Opequon Presbyterian Church's Aloha Tea, arranged by my aunt at her church in Winchester, VA


October:  Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, the first post from my trip October trip to Orlando, Florida...I had a hard time choosing between this one and the post from Diagon Alley at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (the post that follows this one)


November:  Chrysanthemum tea, from 2015's flower of the month post series, and featuring dried chrysanthemum flowers...so pretty when brewed



December:  A Christmas brunch, with my kitchen sweets tree in the background, and featuring white chocolate peppermint cupcakes and gingerbread


 




7 comments:

  1. Carrie- you had a wonderful year of tea themed posts! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Hope it is your best one yet! : - )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Your blog is one best blog I read at the start of the year. Good luck and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I enjoyed seeing your year in review. And, I look forward to your 2016 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Carrie! It was fun reliving your memorable tea moments in 2015. Here's to another year filled with tea times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice review of your 2015 posts! My favorite was your Mardi Gras tea party. So festive and colorful! Best wishes for a wonderful 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great year end blog post! You have an amazing year ender blog post, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect review before the year ends. You probably love to cherish those memories you had each of your post, I can feel it. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)